Wednesday, November 22, 2006

HAPPY EARLY THANKSGIVING!

Yesterday was my Friday. I'm off from work for the next few days. I drank many beers last night and woke up early this morning. No headache, in fact, I was feeling pretty good.

So anyway, I jumped on the tractor and hooked on to the disk. Next thing I know I'm disking up some of the property. I had no intention of doing this, it was a spontaneous decision.



While disking away, a few thoughts ran through my head...

1. I'm so lucky to be here right now, it's such a nice day, city people really don't know what they are missing.

2. Hey, there's my nephews missing shoe... Damn dogs!


3. Shit, I'm stuck!


HAPPY EARLY THANKSGIVING!

6 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, Blogger Donny said...

Awesome day!

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

John and Donny,

I hope you boys are detoxing today! [G] Yesterday was nice for 45 minutes then quickly became overcast, cold, and windy!

Now today is beautiful—so far.

We were going to roast our turkey breast on the grill but decided not to rely upon the weather cooperating.

- David

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger John & Jennifer said...

I don't know David,

I'm only a mile east of you and I don't see rain happening today.
Happy Thanksgiving.

-John

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

John,

It will not rain, no doubt, but I feared the return of the wind. It was so windy yesterday that it would have been impossible to keep the barbecue flame active on the low setting required for roasting the turkey.

It is beautiful so far today, but that could change quickly.

Also, I like the smell of the turkey breast roasting in the oven!

- David

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger John & Jennifer said...

"Also, I like the smell of the turkey breast roasting in the oven!"


Same here,

The turkey is done now, it turned out extremely tender and Juicy, more so, even, then the previous years. It is being kept warm as the candied yams, mashed potatoes, gravy, Pies, Deviled Eggs, salads, and such are being prepared. Right now I'm sitting here enjoying some cold brew and thinking to myself...

I'm happier then a tornado in a trailer park. :-)
-Larry the cable guy. (cars - the movie) ...which is playing on the TV at this time.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger John & Jennifer said...

Ye huh... and I'm BuzzZZZing just a bit :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home