Thursday, November 30, 2006

Some peoples kids :-(

Yesterday, as I was coming home from town, I encountered a very late model black mustang flying around the corner totally out of control. It swerved severely left and right and nearly rolled. Tires were screeching and this guy could have killed himself, or someone else.
Just after all that going down, I had realized that my kids walk home every other day down that very rode. It made me so angry at the time that I spun around and followed him with the intent of ripping him out of his pretty little car and slapping him back to reality.
After following him for two blocks he parked his car in front of the High School and started walking across the street. It was obvious that he couldn't have been over 16 years old and I really didn't want to go to jail for roughing up someone's kid. I went to the police department instead, and was going to report what has happened and the location of the black mustang with the last three digits of "300" on the license plate.

When I arrived at the police department two things came to mind.
1. The police won't do anything because it is hearsay.
2. I was 16 once and did the same thing.

What if he was trying to be cool and nearly lost control and scared the crap out of himself. Then someone twice his size puts the smack down on him. Maybe it wouldn't have been the right thing to do.
It just pushed my button because my kids could have been walking on that road 30 minutes or so later.
There I feel better now that I released some anger. :-)
-John

1 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Book 'im, Dano!

- David

 

Post a Comment

<< Home