Saturday, February 03, 2007

Prejudiced people..

Ya know the Jeff Foxworthy jokes "If you.....Bla bla bla... You might be a redneck"?
Well, I'm a redneck, I'm not ashamed of that. I fit right in to most of those redneck jokes. I should have taken a picture of my Jeep Wrangler up on blocks under my carport a while back. It was when my ring and pinion went out. It was surrounded by Beer cans and a BBQ grill in arms reach.. Oh, and I had a freezer next to that BBQ full of meat that I had butchered from right here on my property. But wait, there's more! I also keep a burn barrel out there so that when friends come over we can sit around that burn barrel to keep warm while we talk about random redneck things, and of course CB radio. After a few brews some of those friends stories get so big that you just have to nod your head to prevent hurting their feelings. Are you convinced that I'm a redneck yet? I could go on... Would I make this stuff up?

Part of being a redneck is talking on a CB radio. I'm also a licensed Ham Radio operator, but I mostly prefer to talk on the 11 meter band (Citizens Band) radio. When you talk on the CB radio the odds that you will be talking to 'other rednecks' are about as likely as finding a fly on a cow turd in the summertime.
I listen to the CB while playing on the computer several hours a day. Between the two, I find myself fully entertained. One major problem that I have with the CB is that some of my redneck friends are prejudiced. I can't stand hearing people judging people by the color of their skin. It just bothers me. I was not raised this way and when I hear them rambling on 'niggers' this, and 'niggers' that, it makes me embarrassed for them. I usually just turn the radio off.
I'm really surprised how many prejudiced people there are out there. I hear it all the time at work, at the store, it's hard to avoid the crap, here is my .02 on the matter...

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?

Thank you,
That's my rant for the day... Am I right or am I just being too sensitive? You decide!


BTW: I have completed my refresh course on controls. Now I'm ready to drop in to the nearest nuclear plant and re-write the ladder logic for their PLC's (Programmable Logic Controllers).

-John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home