Saturday, November 11, 2006

The Lake House

Here I go again. It's 6:20 in the morning and I've been up all night. I have to work today but not until this afternoon. The fire is burnt out in the wood stove and the temperature is just right in here. I hear the rain pouring down outside. I wish I could get off from this current schedule where I sleep all day while my family is up enjoying life and then I stay up all night by myself. Life is too short to be living this way.

I'm not too proud or macho to admit that I enjoy tear jerking movies. One of my favorite movies is a movie called "Notebook" It's a tear jerker for sure. If you haven't watched it yet please do yourselves the favor and do so.
Well I just finished watching another movie that made me cry like a baby (lol) so I feel that I had to log in and tell you about it. Run, don't walk, to the video store and rent "The Lake House". I'm not sure if it is out on video yet or not so you might want to call first. I just watched it on Direct ticket via Direct TV. If you have been thinking about sitting down with your wife or anyone that you care about and watching a good movie this one is highly recommended.

I spent the last two days helping a friend do some roofing on his house so I haven't blogged as much. Your comments are always appreciated and encourage me to write more. Not that I'm writing specifically for you or that I'm expecting you to get anything out of my writing. Truthfully, I think I'm writing to myself, for the benefit of myself. As funny and selfish as this may sound.
If your reading this blog then I hope you have a great day. The weather is rainy here in Northern California but It's good weather to spend some time with family and to watch a good movie.

Is your life speeding by as fast as mine is? We need to figure out a way to slow it down. Looking to my left out the window I see that the light is illuminating through the trees on the back side of my property. I didn't used to notice these things.

-John

5 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John,

I thought "The Lake House" was a dull, slow, stupid, boring, poorly written, poorly acted movie that insulted the viewer's intelligence by promoting the premise that two people communicated across a two-year time span via a mailbox.

Laura enjoyed it. Otherwise, I would have ejected the DVD after 5 minutes of viewing that pathetic mess.

- David

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger John & Jennifer said...

LOL! Don't hold back :-)

I think you might have taken this movie a little too literal. My "simple mind" found it entertaining.

 
At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John,

I enjoy fantasy IF it is made believable.

I really enjoyed "The Island."

I will admit to a natural aversion to sappy romance stories, however. If a movie has no car chases, explosions, gunfire, or dramatic special effects, I bore quickly—unless the movie is a documentary, biography, well-written drama or has social or religious importance.

Takke a look at these movies:

"The Island"
"Hostage"
"Bells of Innocence"
"A History of Violence"
"The Second Chance"
"The Sentinel"
"Flywheel"
"Visitation"
"Cars"

- David

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a great list of movie recommendations, David.

By the way, John, I liked the Lake House too. But I liked Notebook better.

 
At 2:33 AM, Blogger John & Jennifer said...

"By the way, John, I liked the Lake House too. But I liked Notebook better."

Agreed, it's pretty tough to beat notebook.

David,
I will have to watch some of those movies. I'm ashamed of myself that I do not recall seeing even one of the movies on your list :-(

Wait, 'Hostage' rings a bell.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home