Thursday, November 02, 2006

How long should I wait? BEER!

How long should I wait?

So far, I have went nearly six weeks without Beer. The Doctor told me that I should cut out the Beer because of my acid reflux problem. I didn't take him very seriously about the Beer thing because I really like the taste of Beer.
I've never had a problem with alcohol. I would not consider myself an alcoholic and really I didn't even like the taste of Beer until a few years ago. Your taste buds change supposedly every so many years and mine like Beer :-)

How many times can I say the word Beer in this post?

Well I started drinking a little more in the past year... More Beer that is! I don't like hard alcohol unless it is a mixed drink served at a bar which I only frequent maybe three times a year. So what I'm getting at is that all I like to drink is Beer!

In the past year I started drinking a little more Beer then usual, not a whole lot, but I would have 4 to 6 bottles of Beer each night after work. Is that too much?
Oh and then once a week (my Friday) I would drink a 12 pack to celebrate the end of my work weak. Now, is that too much?

So therefore we are talking about a total of 47 Beers per week. That balances out to nearly 7 Beers a day. Yeah, if you look at it that way then I guess that might be a little too much Beer, but it isn't an extreme amount. I'll bet your average alcoholic drinks much more Beer then that.

It wasn't hard at all to quit drinking Beer so I don't feel that I had a problem with it, but, since I like the taste of Beer, I really do miss it. So I'm asking you, my readers... How long should I go without drinking Beer in order to prove the likelihood that I simply like the taste of Beer and that I do not have a problem with alcohol?

Know what sounds good right now?

A Cold BEER!

-John

Caution: The word Beer was used 22 times in this post. This post is Rated (B).

5 Comments:

At 2:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never heard of beer giving anyone acid reflux before. Maybe you need to drink better beer!!

I never was much of a beer drinking, I always drank straight wiskey. Till I made my own beer, by was that good. I rarely drink anymore, and sip brandy or cognac when I do.

 
At 4:04 AM, Blogger John & Jennifer said...

Quack!

Hey, You didn't answer my question.

Quack!

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John,

Change doctors! Unless you are drinking some really nasty beer, there should be no danger of acid reflux. I recommend Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. It is a delightful seasonal beverage that is currently available.

Do not set arbitrary limits on your intake. Drink until your thirst abates, and drink more when it returns!

- David

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger John & Jennifer said...

"Do not set arbitrary limits on your intake. Drink until your thirst abates, and drink more when it returns!"

Now that is what I wanted to hear :-)

-John

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John,

You can rely upon me for good advice!

- David

 

Post a Comment

<< Home