Thursday, November 30, 2006

Door handle update..

Remember when I wrote that tragic story about my door handle a while back? If not then CLICK HERE and read it, then come back and finish reading this.

Okay, Here is an update!

I had a friend order me a new exterior handle two weeks ago, he gets a better deal because he works for a dealer so I'm getting it for $70.00 instead of $120.00, not bad. Keep in mind that I'm still driving in and out of the mud and mush that I call a driveway. And, I'm still climbing in and out through the passenger door! My Jeep is still lifted so I'm covering my mid section in mud every time I do this. Therefore, I'm still taking a mud bath each and every day :-(
But hey... good news, so I though!
When I came home from work a few nights ago, the box was sitting on my desk, FINALLY!
NOPE! It couldn't be that easy, it was the wrong part. I needed a drivers side door handle and I came home to find a passengers side handle. Today, we discovered that newer model jeeps use the same handles, only on the opposite doors of the jeep. Therefore, when ordering a handle for my WranglerYJ, I have to order a passengers side handle for my drivers side, and vise versa. Confused yet? Me too!
I have a passengers side handle showing up this evening, if it fits, I will be one happy camper.
I'll keep you (my millions of readers) posted :-)

-John


UPDATE: 10:29 AM 12/1/2006
It works :-)

I now have an exterior door handle on my Jeep. This is world breaking news... I'm jumping on a plane in a few minutes where I will be speaking live about my door handle in front of a very large audience. I may also have a book coming out soon. I'll keep 'yah posted!

John

4 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Blogger Donny said...

Those last few sentences amuse me.

:)

 
At 2:12 AM, Blogger John & Jennifer said...

Donny,

I have come to the conclusion that unless I use a word such as 'God' or 'Bible' in my blog entry title, you are my only reader, therefore, I aim to please :-)

-John

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

...oh you keep me amused also..

thank you :)

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

John,

This is certainly exciting news. I am so excited that I shall not be able to sleep all day.

- David

 

Post a Comment

<< Home