Saturday, October 07, 2006

We just got Raided!

We just got Raided!
Would I make this up?

Tonight at around 7:00 my kids came running in to the house saying the cops are here... I told them to stay in the house and I went outside just in time to see the entourage of law enforcement coming up my driveway. There were three unmarked cars and two or three marked ones as well. When they pulled to a stop I ran towards the driver and pointed my 357 at his head.... Just kidding... I walked towards the driver of the first car as he stepped out, they were all stepping out by this time. I gave a smile to indicate that I had no aggressive intentions and asked "what is going on?" The officer asked if xxxx was here. I said "xxxx who?" and he gave me the last name. By this time I felt a ton of relief come over me and I said "That name doesn't ring a bell with me" He said that he is supposed to live at xx12 xxxx avenue. I told him that I own this address and I also own that one too but there is no longer a residence on that address anymore. I then explained to him that we had bought this property over a year ago and we are the only ones living on it since that time. I gave him the name of the previous owners and their approximate location. By this time I recognized the officer that I was talking to.
I went to college for law enforcement and had planned on being in that line of work. Thank god I didn't because it is a stressful job and you only see the bag side of even people. Oh.. and it definitely doesn't pay well enough to make it worth it either.
Anyway once we both recognized whom each other was he believed me and they left my property.
As they were backing down my driveway I thought to myself... I may have made a few mistakes in life but I pretty proud of where I am today and I'm pretty proud of most of the choices that I have made. If I were to have followed in the footsteps of nearly 50% of my classmates then the story might not have ended with them backing back down my driveway.
We have a web site at our local jail that lets you view an actual photo of the current inmates and what they are being charged with, it's usually drugs. At any given time I find at least one of my classmates in jail and sometimes two or three. Over time I have seen nearly half of my class. I'm not supposed to do it, but I do screen caps of them when I see them and add it to my collection in a folder called classmates for my own personal amusement. Some of them get booked over and over again and you can see it in their mug shots that they are ageing twice as fast. It must be the drugs!
Blows me away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home