Sunday, October 01, 2006

S- -t Happens!

S--t Happens!

I cannot help but to notice that sometimes things happen that simply could not possibly be based on odds or randomness. Do you ever feel like there is a force working against you from time to time? As if it just wasn't meant to be?

Well I often feel that way. Let me give you an example... There are two sides to a coin thus meaning that when you flip a coin your odds should be 50/50 one would think! Two weeks ago at work a friend and I flipped a coin to see which one of us was going to do the dirty deed.

What the dirty deed was is totally unimportant. Anyway, I lost the coin flip 9 times out of 12 flips. Believe me it was fully inspected and it was not a trick coin. I also flipped it several times myself so it wasn't the way that it was tossed in to the air either. It was just meant to be! Now you all see what force that I'm referring to? Well shortly after I discovered another similar situation. So I decided to blog about it and make it public.

There is some hidden invisible force that doesn't want me to fish. Sounds funny huh?
Let me explain...
Three years ago I bought a fishing license here in California. 34 bucks but hey I also had to pick up a couple fishing poles. Total cost for the trip including gas, bait, and beer... 130.00 Now I went with some friends and drank quite a few beers and not only did I catch no fish, but I managed to lose a pole. I think I left it up in the mountains next to that secret spot that even the fish don't know about. But wait, it gets better... Some how on the way back home the other brand new pole got broke in half. "Oh well, Shit happens" I thought to myself.

The following year My kids bought me a fishing license for a fathers day present, a very thought out give I might add because this will drag me away from my computer and I will spend some family time as I admittedly need and want to do. So I went out and bought a couple more new fishing poles..... Good ones like last time. Only problem is that I didn't use that license that year and it expired on me. More money down the tubes!

Yep you guessed it... Three weeks ago I went and bought two more licenses. I'm not going to let this curse get me down. Well after a little planning the wife and I both had the day work free at the same time even, we woke up at 4:00 in the morning and got the kids up, packed everything in the truck and off to the store we go. Sure enough, I spent even more money on bait, beer, gas and so on to get to a place called lake grace and lake nora. Grace and Nora are two small private lakes side by side near Shingletown California, these lakes are stalked with trout. I figured the kids would reel them in left and right. Took two hours to get there but hey. It's a day of fun and fishing right?

Wrong!

After spending a couple hundred more and a two hour drive, oh and after unpacking everything from the truck we discovered that we were missing a bag. It could very well have been the bag of fruit that we brought along to snack on but instead it was our bait, tackle, and everything that we need to catch a freaking fish. Turns out the bagger at the Anderson California Super Center didn't put that particular bag in the cart. I was so pissed off that instead of making the best of it I told the kids to load everything back up and I drove home (another two hour drive). By this time I'm out several hundred dollars at least plus 4 hours of driving and not a single fish!!! Well I don't know how strong this force is but I was determined to find out. We shall wake up again in the morning at around 4:00am and drive all the way back to that place and I plan to bring a fish home tomorrow if I have to stop off at safeway and buy it!

QUICK update!!!

We loaded up and went back the next morning catching 6 trout about a foot long, brought them home and they ended up getting buried because we were tired and didn't feel like cleaning and cooking them. Ummm.. S--T Happens!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home